Bachelor of Fine Arts, Professional Writing (2010)
Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA,
Magna Cum Laude
Professional Writing Courses:
- Promotional Writing: Press releases, brochures, press kits
- Creative Copywriting: Ad & marketing copy
- News Writing & Editing: AP Style journalism
- Writing for New Media: Social media content creation & strategy
- Writing for the Web: Digital content creation, WordPress, SEO
Associate of Arts (2007)
Brevard Community College, Melbourne, FL
Official Alumni Mentor to the Writing Program (2015-16) SCAD, Savannah, GA
Delivered lectures, performed classroom visits, reviewed portfolios and provided individual counsel.
- “Advice for Writers: Everything You Need to Know About Landing the Job” Savannah, GA (2016)
- “An Insider’s Guide to a Career in Marketing” SCAD, Savannah, GA (2016)
- “How to Maximize the Return on Your Writing Degree” SCAD, Savannah, GA (2014)
- “Content Marketing and Working in Social Media” Mercer University, Atlanta, GA (2012)
Freelance Writer & Content Strategist (April 2017 – Present)
Manager, Content Strategy, Earned Media
The Home Depot, Atlanta, GA (Jun 2014 – Apr 2017)
Leading content marketing strategy for The Home Depot’s Earned Media team. Managing on-page, off-page and local content to drive traffic and revenue for homedepot.com. Single-handedly managing multiple agency partners, a direct report and a budget of $2.8 million. Establishing and strengthening content partnerships with a wide variety of vendors in diverse global markets. Collaborating cross-functionally to revolutionize content at The Home Depot.
Various digital publications, (Apr 2014–Jun 2014)
Game & Fish Magazine, Marietta, GA (Aug 2013 – Apr 2014)
Leading the Game & Fish online efforts through writing, editing and publishing all digital content. Managing a large team of freelance writers and an editorial assistant. Employing content strategy. Driving traffic through SEO, PR and social media promotion.
- Daily Pageviews: +50%
- Daily Unique Visits: +30%
- Overall Bounce Rate: -16%
Content Creation Specialist
DigitalSherpa, Norcross, GA (May 2011 – Aug 2013)
Managing content marketing services and SEO strategies for clients in various industries. Writing blog content with tight deadlines. Performing account and community management. Onboarding and training new employees.
BURNAWAY Magazine, Atlanta, GA (Fall 2012)
Editing freelance articles for web publication and compiling monthly “Call for Artists” section for a nonprofit Atlanta arts magazine.
J.A. Baker, Inc., Malabar, FL (2000-2007)
Managing employee schedules, training new employees, AP & AR, payroll, taxes, scheduling, writing brochures, direct mail and ad copy
Social Media Intern, DigitalSherpa, Lawrenceville, GA (May – June 2011)
Editorial Intern, South Magazine, Savannah, GA (2010)
Editorial Intern, Home Furnishings Business Magazine, online, (2009)